Managing Decisions in IBM Operational Decision Manager V8.9
This course introduces business analysts to IBM Operational Decision Manager V8.9. You learn the concepts and skills that are necessary to capture, author, validate, and manage business rules with Operational Decision Manager.
IBM Operational Decision Manager provides a complete platform for managing business rules by helping to automate and govern decisions across processes and applications. This course focuses on the iterative nature of working collaboratively with business policy experts and development teams on rule projects. Through instructor-led presentations and hands-on lab exercises, you learn about the core features of Operational Decision Manager. You also receive intensive training in modeling business rule vocabulary, rule discovery, rule authoring, and rule governance and management. The course uses realistic scenarios and a case study to illustrate the principles and good practices for discovering, analyzing, and authoring business rules.
The lab environment for this course uses Windows 2012 Server R2 Standar
This course is designed for business analysts.
- Experience with identifying and defining business policies and rules
- A basic understanding of business models
- Describe the benefits of implementing an Operational Decision Manager solution
- Identify the main user roles and tasks that are involved in designing and developing an Operational Decision Manager solution
- Explain modeling concepts and the UML notation that is relevant to modeling for business rules
- Define and implement object models for business rules
- Set up the rule authoring environment in Designer by working with decision services and synchronizing across development and business environments
- Transform business policy into rule statements and make sure that they form a complete and coherent set of rules
- Use the Operational Decision Manager rule editors to author business rules and decision tables
- Run tests and simulations in the Decision Center Business console to validate decision logic and rule changes
- Work with Decision Center decision service administration tools
- Manage user access and permissions in the Business console
- Use Operational Decision Manager tools to support decision governance